30/11/2012

Epic day!!

Okay, okay so today's not Wednesday or in the weekened but something major happened that literally blew my mind..

You may remember that 2 months ago I applied for a poetry competiton? I entered with this poem:

Cruel Love
I perched myself upon my bed
tears streaming from my eyes
I trembled as I bit my lip
taking in your lies
 
Today was the day I found out
you didn't love me the same
to you I was nothing but
a boring tiring game
 
You loved another girl
kept her a secret from me
and once you told me the truth
you thought you set me free
 
But now I'm in a world of pain
where happiness will never thrive
and very soon because of you
I will not be alive.
 
As the clock strikes twelve and
everyone's sleeping I will grab a knife
I'll cut into my flesh
say Hi to my death
just remember it's your fault I took my own life.
 
 
Anyway, you'll never guess what?
 
THEY ARE GOING TO PUBLISH MY POEM!!
GOING TO PUBLISH MY POEM!!
PUBLISH MY POEM!!
 
Sorry for everyone who lives anywhere apart from the UK as I think you can only buy the book here. There are going to be many editions so obviously my one's going to be the London edition!! I got a certificate and a bookmark for my achievement!!
 
*claps* --WAIT!! There's more:
 
 
 
As my poem is being published, I am in with a chance to be one of the 12 finalists!! It's called the poetry games, a parody of the famous hunger games books, so like the Hunger games there are 12 finalists!!
 
Anyway if I get into the top 12 {Which would be *EPIC* ^_^} I have to film myself reciting my poem and put it on youtube..I'll probably be a little shy *hides face* BUT- It'll still be epic as I'll get a kindle!! And I'm in a chance of getting an IPAD!! So if I do make it to the top 12, please, please, please vote for me? *flutters eyelashes*
 
But I guess we gotta see!
 
Adios Amigos,
Misha.

4 comments:

  1. and now my day became epic ;)

    you have one heck of a future , writer Misha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit, congratulations!!!! :O
    I'll have to cross my fingers and eyelash wish (xD) for you! I think that 'Misha, one of the 12 finalists..' should HAPPEN! I'd be sure to vote!! Count me in. ~\^o^\~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you :* I literally ran around my house when I found out..*blushing* Heehee Thanks again *HUGGIE*

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG congrats!!

    I will TOTALLY vote for you! Double thumbs-up! d(^O^)b

    ReplyDelete

Respect The Planet Earth