08/06/2012

Horrible Histories Forever!


Okay some of you might have guessed by now that I am in fact a history lover. Yes it's true I like history. I grew fond of it in year 3 when learning about Henry VIII and the story of his six wives:

That's the song about him and his wives. Anyway so around the age of 8 I was starting to like history. But what pushed my interest more? It was the funny, witty, amazing, educational program called:
This show informs you about the past of mainly England but also France,USA,South America ect. in a fun way. For example there are many sketches which are like the "historical" versions of shows we watch today:
  • HHTV News (Pastiche of News Programs)
  • HHTV Sports (Pastiche of Sports News)
  • Historical Wife Swap (Pastiche of Wife Swap)
And many more...My favourite thing about Horrible Histories is the songs! The songs are very educational as well as being fun to listen to. There are many songs so I'll be giving you my top ten songs to listen to.

10. Divorced, Beheaded and Died. (Henry VIII song)
9. English Kings and Queen song (William, William, Henry, Stephen, Henry, Richard, John Oi!)
8. Natural Selection (Charles Darwin song)
7.Literally (Viking song)
6.Born 2 rule (The four King Georges)
5.Dick Turpin: Highwayman
4.Boudicca
3.Pachacuti (Do the Pachacuti)
2.The Borgia Family
1. King of Bling (Charles II rap)

Remember to put Horrible Histories before every song. I know not all of you will like it but I was just trying to inform you where I got my love of history from. Horrible Histories was first a book written by Terry Deary but he gave permission for them to make it into a show and he stars in it as well! Horrible Histories just finished their 4th series and we (well I) can't wait for more!

On another note: We have another follower!! ...babygirl... Thank you BG! Let's hope many others will look up to Red Wing and babygirl and want to follow. There are many posts too come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Respect The Planet Earth